| Very Rare |
DM-01 Base Set (OCG)
DM-01 Base Set
Very Rare is the fourth highest rarity in the Duel Masters trading card game.
They are signified by having foil but the artwork does not protrude from its frame. around 2 to 4 appear every box, sometimes 5. Very Rarely, a box may have 2 duplicate Very Rares. In Revolution, the artwork protrudes out slightly from the card frame.
While they might be less flashy than Super Rares in terms of effect, there are still a lot of powerful cards. Many metagame-dominating cards such as Astral Reef, Bombazar, Dragon of Destiny, Bolmeteus Sapphire Dragon, as well as extremely useful cards, such as Perfect Galaxy, Spirit of Immortality and Balga Raizou, the Super-Heavenly Nova are of this rarity.
Foil pattern change
- In DM-01 to DM-07, they have the same foil as Catino Cards and Heroes Cards.
- In DM-08 to DM-20, Their Civilization symbol has foil on them.
- In DM-21 to DM-23, their civilization symbol does not have foil.
- In DM-24 to DMR-01, the foil was replaced with a fireworks pattern, which is previously seen on Super Rares.
- In Episode 1, the foil is replaced with horizontal stripes.
- In Episode 2, the foil is replaced with tile patterns.
- In Episode 3 to Dragon Saga, it is replaced with a completely different fireworks pattern.
- In Revolution, the foil is a flurry of explosions with the mark saying "VR" in it. Part of the artwork also slightly protrudes out of the card frame.
- It is noted that recent Very Rares tend to be weaker than previous very rares, possible in order to make way for Victory Rares.
- This becomes noticeably better in Revolution.
- They do not have foil in their printed cost or power.
- Perfect Galaxy, Spirit of Immortality and Valkyrias Musashi, Ultimate Battle Dragon are the only very rares with a secret version.
- They do not exist in Full foil packs as all of the cards are already in foil making the rarity redundant.