|Japanese:|| 戦国編 |
|Booster Pack Symbol(s):|
Sengoku Saga is the the 7th series of Duel Masters card sets.
List of Sets Edit
It is comprised of sets released between June 21, 2008 and March 20, 2009.
It also features promotional cards from Year 7.
- The thousand years of peace ends.
- The Sengoku Saga arrives, where a great war between the Samurai, masters over Cross Gears and the Knights, masters over Spells, begins. There are 4 houses of the Knights: the shady Mystic Light, consisting of Knights from both the Light and Darkness civilization, the destructive Demonic Eye, solely from the Darkness civilization, the sly Ice Fang from the Water civilization, and the Thunder, the Light house of judgement and executions.
- The Samurai and Knights show their mastery over Cross Gears and Spells with the Samurai Generation and Knight Magic abilities, along with their specially owned Cross Gears with the Samurai race and Spells with the Knight race.
- While they mainly support each other, some other Knights and certain Samurai aim to cripple the other faction.
- The war between the Knights and the Samurai escalates. Bazagazeal Dragon enters the war to help the Samurai, becoming a Samurai himself.
- The third faction, the sneaky Shinobi enters the fray, hitting and running with their special Ninja Strike ability.
- Romanoff the 1st, Lord of the Demonic Eye prepares a special magical shot to try to win the war.
- The war between the Knights and the Samurai continues, this time with the special aid of Fortresses.
- To protect their precious fortresses, the Knights and Samurai select a few to save them.
- The Ice Lance, used by the Legendary Paladin, has been found by the Samurai.
- The war between the Knights and Samurai is near its end. Both factions prepare to unleash their final weapons, the Galaxy Shot and the Galaxy Blade.
- The Samurai receives aid from Perfect Galaxy, Spirit of Immortality, which joins forces with Bolbalzak "Sword Flash" Dragon to become Swordflash Galaxy, Super Champ. The Knights, unimpressed, requests for the aid of the Dragons, and thus Greatest Caesar, the Dark Kaiser was used to counter Swordflash Galaxy.
- The final faction of the war, the Wolves, founded by Amaterasu, enter in an attempt to end the war, harnessing both the powers of the Knights and Samurai, utilising both Spells and Cross Gears.
- The Origins are introduced, a large factor for the upcoming war.
The new races of Samurai, Knight and Shinobi appeared on each of the 5 civilizations. The new card type of Fortress, cards designed to be played and fortify shields also appeared. While Samurai creatures focused on Cross Gear's, the Knight's focused on Spells.
Competitive Environment Edit
DM-28 Stage Edit
DM-29 Stage Edit
While the beatdown decks had been gaining strength for a while, the DM-29 addition of Ninja Strike appeared and gave further control and defense to decks, slightly weakening beatdown.
With Inferno Sign being a Shield Trigger, control decks that were being beaten by beatdown were given resistance to rush decks. Decks using Metal, Dragon God and Heavy, Dragon God were given a further boost, as well as Darkness Mana Destruction decks.
King Alcadeias, Holy Gaia and Perfect Galaxy, Spirit of Immortality together were used together causing a game state where creatures needed to have more than 9000 power to destroy as well as being multicolored.
In the 2008 Galaxy Master League, the main decks were beatdown decks: "Marco Beatdown", "Darkness Marco"," "W/F/N Beatdown", as well as "F/N Rush". Control decks using the reanimate cards and King Alcadeias, Holy Gaia were also frequent, as well as Darkness Mana Destruction decks and "W/D/N Control" decks using Dolgazer, Veteran of Hard Battle. Some "Madness" rogue decks with Baiken, Blue Dragon of the Hidden Blade also appeared to be a surprise in the usual meta, to counter the use of Soul Advantage.
In October of 2008, Dark Hydra, Evil Planet Lord, Bajula's Soul and Skeleton Vice entered the Premium Hall of Fame, causing Race and Mana Destruction decks using Soul Advantage and Jenny, the Dismantling Puppet to be weakened somewhat.
DM-30 Stage Edit
Winners of the Galaxy Master league in the Open Class were a "L/D/N Galaxy Control" deck, with a "Counter Baiken" deck winning in the Regular Class.
DM-31 Stage Edit
This set featured additional support to the races of Giant, Samurai and Knight creatures.
Since the start of Duel Masters, this saga has probably had the most varied amount of decks in the metagame. It contained multiple types of Rush, Beatdown, Control, Reanimate, and Mana Destruction decks. Even in these decks, there was a wide variety of different tactics used.
Competitive Decks Edit
- Red / Green (F/N)
- Emperor Marco Beatdown (W)
- Emperor Marco Black Beatdown (W/D)
- Dolgazer (W/N)
- Jack Valdy (D/F/N)
- Perfect Galaxy Control (L)
- King Alcadieas (L/D)
- Black Mana Destruction (D/F/N)
- Heavy Death Metal (D/F/N)
- Romanoff Sign (W/D/F/N)
- Romanesk Reanimation (L/D/F/N)
- Counter Baiken (W/D)
- 5-civ Faerie Miracle (L/W/D/F/N)
- 5-civ Mana Destruction (L/W/D/F/N)
Important Cards Edit
- Huckle Kirin Sawyer, Jungle Governor
- Perfect Galaxy, Spirit of Immortality
- King Alcadeias, Holy Gaia
- Emperor Marco
- Soul Advantage
- Vacuum Crawler
- Romanoff the 1st, Lord of the Demonic Eye
- Romanesk, the Dragon Wizard
- Inferno Sign
- Miraculous Plague
- Baiken, Blue Dragon of the Hidden Blade
- Dolgazer, Veteran of Hard Battle
- Hustle Castle
- Submarine Fortress Lair