| Put Into Graveyard |
It is also commonly referred to as a "PiG" ability.
Its is usually templated as "When this creature is destroyed, EFFECT".
However, this also leads to creatures having lower costs due to this disadvantages to the slower timing. This can lead to causing problems for your opponent in the early game trying to remove them and avoid their trigger.
These types of cards also work well in suicidal attacks (possibly after tapping your opponent's creatures). They also work together with Creature Recovery cards to be able to continually reuse them.
Abilities that trigger when a creatures "leaves the battle zone" are a much stronger version of a PiG ability, as they trigger regardless of how the creature is moved from the zone, such as Bounce or Mana Feed.
|Darkness / Creature / Hedrian / 2 / 1000|
|■ When this creature is destroyed, your opponent discards a card at random from his hand.|
- When a card such as Jack Viper, Shadow of Doom puts one of your creatures with a PiG ability into a zone other than your graveyard, their ability is not triggered due to the substitution ability.
- Cards such as Dark Soul Creation and Deadly Love can be used with these types of creatures. The "destroy" on these abilities all qualify as being "put into your graveyard", as they are being paid for a Cost.
- The similar "When they would leave the battle zone" ability triggers at the same time as a PiG ability. When both of them would be triggered at the same time, the owner of the cards chooses the order.
- Mist Rias, Sonic Guardian being on the Hall of Fame shows the difference in strength of the CiP and PiG abilites, with its equivalent Mongrel Man (or later; Super Trash Train, Fuuma Devil) being unrestricted.
- CoroCoro refers to them as "When Die Effect".
Other Effects and Abilities
- Oneshot Effect
- Continuous Effect