A psychic creature is put in the Hyperspatial Zone which is next to your graveyard. You are limited to 8 psychic creatures per hyperspatial zone and they are counted separately from your main deck of 40 or more cards. At anytime during a duel you are allowed to look at your opponent's hyperspatial zone.
A psychic creature card is two-sided, and usually features a creature on both sides. When the cheaper side creature activates its awaken ability by fulfilling its conditions, you may flip the card over to its higher cost side. This gives the creature a higher power and improved card effects. For example: Bolshack Dragon, the Temporal Blaze flips over to Bolshack Möbius, Victory Awakened when it wins a battle.
DM-38 Angelic Wars introduces Psychic creatures with the Loop Awaken ability that allows them to flip sides on certain conditions. DM-39 Psychic Splash introduced a Psychic Evolution Creature, Storm Genji Double Cross, the Super Temporal that can be evolved on other Psychic creatures when they are put into the battle zone.
DMR-01 Episode 1: First Contact introduced a new type of psychic creature, the Psychic Super Creature. Each psychic creature's "awakened" cardface features a portion of a Psychic Super creature, called a Psychic Cell. Psychic Super Creatures are awakened by linking 2 or 3 psychic creatures with the Psychic Link ability together at the start of your turn, and then flipping each of them over to awaken the Psychic Super Creature composed of those psychic creatures, now individually referred to as "Psychic Cells." Almost all Psychic Super Creatures have Link Release, which means that when it would leave the battle zone, instead its controller chooses one Psychic Cell to return to the Hyperspatial Zone, while the other cards flip but remain in the battle zone.
DMR-04 Episode 1: Rising Hope introduced a new kind of link awakening called Victory Psychic Link. It is similar to Psychic Link except that it occurs immediately upon one player's assembling the proper Psychic Creatures into the battle zone, as opposed to waiting for the start of the player's turn. So far, the only creature with this ability is Victorious Pudding Pudding.
Although all spells that put psychic creatures into play follow the naming theme, "Hyperspatial _____ Hole" (except Kizuna Blaster and Power of Our Friendship!), there is no uniform naming convention for the many creatures that have effects that put psychic creatures into play.
List of Psychic Creatures
- S1a/S10 Chakra, Temporal Thunder Dragon and S1b/S10 Great Chakra, the Storm Awakened
- S3a/S10 Luna Allegre, Temporal Tower and S3b/S10 Luna Allegria, the Fortress Awakened
- S5a/S10 Rumble, Temporal Sage and S5b/S10 Rumble Lecter, Terror Awakened
- S7a/S10 Bolshack Dragon, the Temporal Blaze and S7b/S10 Bolshack Möbius, Victory Awakened
- S9a/S10 Japan, Temporal Enforcer and S9b/S10 Japanica, Aggression Awakened
- 41a/110 Diana, Temporal Brave and 41b/110 El Diana, the Awakened Flash
- 47a/110 Aqua Cutlass, Temporal Swordsman and 47b/110 Aqua Excalibur, the Awakened Indigo Swordsman
- 53a/110 April, Temporal Gunprincess and 53b/110 Death April, the Awakened Requiem
- 59a/110 O'Flame, Temporal Djinn and 59b/110 O'Flayer, Awakened Djinn of Destruction
- 65a/110 Kaiman, Temporal Flower and 65b/110 Alligator, the Awakened Flower Beast
- S1a/S5 Dravita, Temporal Pressure Spirit and S1b/S5 Vermillion Dravita, the Awakened Pressure Dragon
- S2a/S5 Dias Zeta, the Temporal Suppressor and S2b/S5 Diabolos Zeta, Annihilation Awakened
- 21a/55 Untouchable, Temporal Hero and 21b/55 Untouchable Powered, the Awakened Protean
- 24a/55 Martini, Temporal Dancer and 24b/55 Julia Matina, the Awakened Diva
- 30a/55 Kutt, Temporal Brawler and 30b/55 Severance, the Awakened Giant
- 33a/55 Jon, Temporal Explorer and 33b/55 Jonjo Jon, the Awakened Adventurer
- S2a/S5 Romanoff Zeta, Temporal Demonic Eye and S2b/55 Romanoff Zeta Wizard, the Demon Awakened
- S3a/S5 Storm Kaiser Double Cross, Temporal Kamikaze and S3b/55 Final Storm Double Cross NEX, the Miracle Awakened
- 22a/55 Deepsea Yanus, Temporal Warpanther and 22b/55 Crimson Lord Yanus, Temporal Warpanther
- 30a/55 Koshirou, Temporal Ogre and 30b/55 Danjurou, the Awakened Battle Ogre
- 33a/55 Cheval, Temporal Demon Spirit and 33b/55 Cheuxvelt, the Awakened Demon Spirit
- S3a/S5 Storm Genji Double Cross, the Super Temporal and S3b/S5 Last Storm Double Cross, the Super Awakened
- S5a/S5 Diabolos Zeta, Temporal Ruler and S5b/S5 Devil Diabolos Zeta, Evil Awakened
- 1a/55 Five Star, Temporal Luck and 1b/55 Lightning Five Star, Heavenly Luck Awakened
- 4a/55 Genji Double Cross, Temporal Swordsman and 4b/55 Crimson Genji Double Cross, the Swordmaster Awakened
- 8a/55 G Hogan, Temporal Star and 8b/55 Ocean G Hogan, the Best Awakened
- 11a/55 Black Ganveet, Temporal Soldier and 11b/55 Darkness Ganveet, the Assassin Awakened
- 17a/55 Kankuro, Temporal Actor and 17b/55 Jungle Kankuro, the Awakened Dramatic
- 1a/18 Master Lupia, Temporal Wing and 1b/18 Psychic NEX, the Awakened Blue Flame
- 1a/19 Suva, Temporal Menace and 1a/19 Psychic Suva, the Awakened God
- SS1a/S3 Dias Zeta, the Temporal Suppressor and SS1b/S3 Diabolos Zeta, Annihilation Awakened
- 1a/22 Galaxy, Temporal Immortal and 1b/22 King of Galaxy, Destruction Awakened
- P11a/Y9 Bolmeteus "Young Samurai" Dragon, Temporal Samurai and P11b/Y9 Mobius "Samurai" Dragon, the Awakened Army
- P12a/Y9 Kaiman, Temporal Flower and P12b/Y9 Alligator, the Awakened Flower Beast
- P29a/Y9 Kutt, Temporal Brawler and P29b/Y9 Severance, the Awakened Giant
- P41a/Y9 Olzekia, Temporal Sword General and P41a/Y9 Galactica Olzekia, the Decapitator Awakened
- P47a/Y9 Deepsea Yanus, Temporal Warpanther and P47b/Y9 Crimson Lord Yanus, Temporal Warpanther
- P52a/Y9 Bolmeteus "Young Samurai" Dragon, Temporal Samurai and P52b/Y9 Mobius "Samurai" Dragon, the Awakened Army
- P66a/Y9 Black Ganveet, Temporal Soldier and P66b/Y9 Darkness Ganveet, the Assassin Awakened
List of Psychic Super Creatures
- V1b+53b+59b Gallows Devil Dragon, Dead Sea Dragon
- V2b+60b+62b Gaial King Dragon, Raging Dragon Lord
- 41b+65b Tearing Packunga, the Greedy
- 54b+61b Don Marshmallow, Hand of Temptation
- V1b+24b Volg Tiger, Thunder Beast
- 2b+25b+28b Unryu Deis Izu, Great Yokozuna
- V1b+42b+43b Gaial Meteor Dragon, Star Dragon King
- V2b+V3b+51b Gaial Ore Dragon, the Vainglory
- V1b+49b+55b Gallows Hellish Dragon, Brink of Despair
- 1b+2b Hyper Overthrow, Nation's Strongest Sumo
- V1b+4b+9b Crazy Carnival! Saint Chan-Merrie
- V1b+1b+2b Shachihoko GOLDEN Dragon
- V1a+6b+11b Chopping Ruzou, Rude Mincing Gang Leader
- 4b+9b Gaial Violence Dragon, Zero Fighter
- V1b+9b+10b Fused Dreadnought! Jet Cascade Attack
- 6b+8b Captivating Dancing Alien
- P10b+P11b Gaial Violence Dragon, Zero Fighter
- P32b+P37b Gaial Killer Dragon, Gunlord
List of Hyperspatial Spells
- 77/110 Hyperspatial Shiny Hole
- 85/110 Hyperspatial Energy Hole
- 93/110 Hyperspatial Revive Hole
- 101/110 Hyperspatial Bolshack Hole
- 109/110 Hyperspatial Faerie Hole
- 23/55 Hyperspatial Dravita Hole
- 29/55 Hyperspatial Vice Hole
- 39/55 Hyperspatial Surprise Hole
- 42/55 Hyperspatial Extra Hole
- 49/55 Hyperspatial Kutt Hole
- 53/55 Hyperspatial Powered Hole
- 20/55 Hyperspatial Guard Hole
- 20/54 Hyperspatial Gotsusan Hole
- 30/54 Hyperspatial White Blue Hole
- 31/54 Hyperspatial Green White Hole
- 32/54 Hyperspatial Blue Black Hole
- 33/54 Hyperspatial Black Red Hole
- 34/54 Hyperspatial Red Green Hole
- 43/54 Hyperspatial Raiden Hole
- 49/54 Hyperspatial Grip White Black Hole
- 50/54 Hyperspatial Grip White Red Hole
- 52/54 Hyperspatial Grip Blue Red Hole
- 53/54 Hyperspatial Grip Blue Green Hole
- 54/54 Hyperspatial Grip Black Green Hole
- 35/55 Power of Our Friendship!
- P10/Y9 Hyperspatial Samurai Hole
- P46/Y9 and P61/Y9 Hyperspatial Storm Hole
- P62/Y9 Hyperspatial Romanoff Hole
- P97/Y9 Kizuna Blaster
- P12/Y10 Hyperspatial Gaial Hole
- P19/Y10 Hyperspatial Vice Hole
- P24/Y10 Hyperspatial Raiden Hole
List of Support
- 15/55 Dimension Horn, of the Temporal Foundation
- 37/55 Asphal, Spirit Knight of the Temporal Foundation
- 41/55 Yanus Crawler, of the Temporal Foundation
- 46/55 Cheval Flute, of the Temporal Foundation
- 49/55 Rikabu Yanus, Researcher of the Temporal Foundation
- 10/55 Words from Beyond
- 21/55 Tulk SP
- 25/55 Ribbity SP
- 30/55 Reppi SP Aini
- 40/55 Ribbity SP
- 45/55 Dark Strike SP
- S4/S8 Zabi Mira, the Reviving Shaman
- 5/110 Zabi Epsilon, Lord of Demons
- 26/110 Zabi Demona, Dead Sea Treasure
- 48/110 Cebu Algol, Electro-Vanguard
- 95/110 Raging Apache Lizard
- 104/110 Geo Crashing Miranda, the Dimensional Force
List of Anti-Psychic Creature Cards
- Anti Psychic Totem
- Bolshack Superhero
- Bring it to 'em! Psychic
- Codename Sherlock
- Forever Meteor Kaiser
- Liger Blade, Fierce Tiger
- No Arguments! Onimaru Boy
- Ogre Kaiser "Destruction"
- Psychic Eater, Gourmet Treasure
Psychic creatures are not considered to be summoned into play. They can only be put into the battle zone by a spell or effect such as the Hyperspatial spells or by "of the Temporal Foundation" creatures. You can't put it into the battle zone by paying its cost.
Psychic creatures that go to a zone other than the battle zone are put into that zone briefly before returning to the hyperspatial zone (so effects that check for a creature changing zones, such as Super Trash Train, Fuuma Devil's, still trigger).
Psychic creatures may be evolved like a normal creature. If the evolution creature leaves the battle zone, the psychic creature under it is briefly put into the same zone before being returned to the Hyperspatial Zone. If only the top card of the evolution leaves the battle zone, the psychic creature under it stays in the battle zone.
A psychic creature doesn't provide any mana as it can only ever be in your battle or Hyperspatial Zone, whenever a Psychic Creature is to leave the battle zone, it returns to the Hyperspatial Zone after briefly inhabiting the intended zone. Psychic creatures do get summoning sickness and can't attack on the turn they are put into play.
An awakened or released creature doesn’t have summoning sickness if it you didn’t put that Psychic creature into the battle zone that turn. So if you awaken a Psychic creature during your turn (and had already put it into the battle zone the previous turn or earlier) you can attack with it on the same turn you awakened it.
Any card effects that affected the psychic creature before awakening or release continue to effect it. So, if you cast a spell such as Colossus Boost on Bolshack Dragon, the Temporal Blaze, giving it +4000 power, and flip it, the newly awakened Bolshack Möbius, Victory Awakened will now have 16000 power (12000+4000).
A cross gear attached to a Psychic creature stays with the creature after it awakens or uses its release ability.
When flipped over by its Awaken or Release ability, a Psychic creature retains its original tap status. If it was previously tapped, it remains tapped. If it was untapped, it stays untapped.
You can still cast hyperspatial spells to put Psychic creatures into the battle zone even if you can’t do the other effects listed on the Hyperspatial spell. For example if the opponent had no creatures to destroy with Hyperspatial Bolshack Hole, you could still use it to put a Psychic creature into the battle zone.
Any player may view the contents of any Hyperspatial Zone at any time, even before the game begins.
It is not mandatory to put a Psychic Creature in its weaker form into the battle zone. For example, if you have a card such as Hyperspatial Bolshack Hole that allows you to put a fire Psychic Creature with a cost of 7 less into the battle zone, you can put the awakened side of Jonjo Jon, the Awakened Adventurer that has a cost of 5 into play.
God ● Metagame ● Multicolored ● Vanilla