| Information Advantage |
情報アドバンテージ (Jōhō Adobantēji)
You can learn this information advantage in the following ways;
- Peeping: Looking at cards in a hand with Spell Del Fin, Light Divine Dragon
- Shield Peek: Looking at shields with Recon Operation
- Top of Deck Peek: Looking at the top of your deck with Aqua Belala
- Example 1: If your opponent has 2 shields, while you have Bolshack Dragon and 2 Cocco Lupia in the battle zone. If you know that a Burst Shot is in your opponents shields, there is a chance you can have a Direct Attack by having your Cocco Lupia attack first. Conversely, if you know that Terror Pit is in his shields, you can have a direct attack by letting your Bolshack Dragon attack first.
- Example 2: If you have an Emperor Marco in the battle zone, and you know that your opponent has a a Hanzou, Menacing Phantom in his hand, you can choose to withhold an attack.
In the Psychic Shock, it was important to know this information due to Rumble, Temporal Sage requiring knowledge of the bottom of a deck, as well as the Chain keyword requiring knowledge of the top card of your deck.
- Various cards can use other cards from a non-public zone such as your shields or the top of the deck, creating a large importance.
- However, some cards such as Hogan Blaster shuffle the deck before their effect to negate this.
- In a broad sense, cards with Ninja Strike or Secret Clocktower can be seen as information advantage.