| Gachinko Judge |
ガチンコ・ジャッジ (Gachinko Jajji)
DMR-05 Episode 2: Golden Age
Cards with this triggered keyword play a game of Gachinko Judge in order to determine if some subsequent effect will happen. To play Gachinko Judge, the player and his opponent reveals the top card of their decks, and if the cost of the player's card is the same or more than his opponent's, he wins and an effect triggers. Gachinko Judge has never yet been the sole effect of a card, such that a card is of entirely no use should its controller lose at Gachinko Judge.
Most games of Gachinko Judge are creature-based and trigger when a creature with the keyword attacks. However, some creatures trigger a game of Gachinko Judge when they enter the battle zone, and spells with the ability trigger a game as their final effect.
While it is luck based, unlike the similar Rock-Paper-Scissors, Gachinko Judge is not completely reliant of one's luck as via deck-building one can increase the chances of winning it and moving high-cost cards on the top of one's deck can almost guarantee one would win Gachinko Judge at least once. However, it is generally not recommended to fill one's deck with high cost cards just to win Gachinko Judge as doing so violates the logic of deck building and thus increasing the chances of a player losing the game.
While being a seemingly unreliable ability, Gachinko Judge cards such as Onimaru "Head", Victory Rush and Gachinko Roulette had managed to put themselves on top of the metagame and even entering the Hall of Fame.
The current reminder text for Gachinko Judge reads;
|Gachinko Judge: Each player reveals the top card of his deck and then puts it on the bottom of his deck. If your revealed card has a cost the same as or greater than your opponent's revealed card, you win.|
|Onimaru "Head", Victory Rush|
|Fire / Creature / Human + Red Command Dragon + Hunter + Alien / 10 / 9000+|
| ■ Speed attacker
■ Power Attacker +5000
■ Whenever this creature attacks, you and your opponent play Gachinko Judge. If you win, take another turn after this one.
■ Triple breaker
Cards with the Gachinko Judge ability
- Extreme Brain
- Gachinko Darts
- Gachinko Dice
- Gachinko Joker
- Gachinko Roulette
- Gachinko Slot
- Missile Burst G
|Support Creature:||Card Effect:|
|Aqua Intelligence 3rd G||In Gachinko Judge, your revealed cards cost 3 more.|
|Dokameshi Giant||In Gachinko Judge, instead of putting the card on the bottom of your deck, you may put it into your mana zone.|
|Tiger Boy, the Ogre Beast||When one of your creatures attacks, when you win Gachinko Judge for the first time during that turn, you may untap that creature.|
|Yamatahead 8th G, Ultra Warrior||In Gachinko Judge, your revealed Dragon cards cost 8 more.|
|Goodnight Mr. Hippopo||When you win a game of Gachinko Judge by revealing this card, put this card into the battle zone instead of being put on the bottom of your deck.|
- Q: If I win a game of Gachinko Judge, am I forced to trigger the ability (such as Aqua Hammer Price?
- Yes, it is compulsory. However you must follow the resulting rules text as closely as any other, so if the effect says you "may" do something if you win, then you may choose not to do it, as with Aqua Hammer Price's optional draw. You must cycle the top card of your deck, however, so even if the result of Gachinko Judge ultimately does nothing, you will at the very least have to have revealed and rotated out the top card of your deck.
- Q: What happens if your opponent wins the game of Gachinko Judge?
- Nothing, they do not get any benefits from winning Gachinko Judge. Note the Gachinko Judge rules text only cares if you, the controller of the Gachinko Judge ability, win, and it only proceeds if you do.
- This keyword is designed after the Clash keyword from Magic: The Gathering, an ability allowing you to "Clash" with your opponent. You won a "Clash" by revealing a card from the top of your deck with a strictly higher cost than your opponent, allowing your card to gain an additional or stronger effect. Besides the stricter criterion for victory, another key difference between the two abilities is that Clash lets you keep your topdeck in place afterward if you wish, whereas Duel Masters requires the card to be put on the bottom of your deck.
- The Kaijudo trading card game later received the same ability, also named Clash.
Accelerator ● Annihilating Soul Recall ● Attack Chance ● Awaken ● Bad Action Dynamite ● Bio Kick ● Bio Tackle ● Break Bonus ● Burning Doron Go ● Chain ● Chain Cascade ● Charger ● Climax Doron Go ● Cyclone ● Denjara Switch ● Doron Go ● Double Evolution Burst ● Double Freeze ● Double Shield Plus ● Double Sympathy ● Dragon Evade ● Dragon Mana Arms ● Dragsolution ● Dynamo ● Escape ● Eternal Omega ● Evo Charger ● Final Final Revolution ● Final Revolution ● Forbidden Big Bang ● Forbidden Liberate ● Forbidden Mechanism ● Fort Energy ● Free Cross ● Freeze ● Fury Charge Gachinko Judge ● Genius Sympathy ● Goal Life Gate ● God Slayer ● Graveyard Kourin ● Gravity Zero ● Guardman ● Happiness Switch ● Holy Field ● Hunting ● Hell's Soul Recall ● Infinity Power Attacker ● Infinity Soulshift ● Invasion ● Jokers Over Explode ● Knight Magic ● Knightly Generation ● Kourin
Labyrinth ● Launcher Energy ● Life Gate ● Link Release ● Loop Awaken ● Lost Prism ● Mana Arms ● Mana Kourin ● Mana Reburst ● Marshall Touch ● Master Bad Action Dynamite ● Master Double Merabeat ● Master Labyrinth ● Master Merabeat Mega Meteorburn 6 ● Metamorph ● Meteorburn Awaken ● Meteorburn ● Multicolored Mana Arms ● Ninja Strike ● No Choice ● Overdrive ● Platinum Drive ● Psychic Link ● Rebirth Chain ● Recycle ● Release ● Revenge Chance ● Revolution 0 Trigger ● Revolution Change ● Revolution
S-Rank Invasion ● Samurai Generation ● Samurai Magic ● Shield Force ● Shield Go ● Shield Plus ● Shield Saver ● Shield Trigger Cross ● Silent Skill ● Solemn Duty ● Soul Recall ● Soulshift ● Space Charge ● Stealth ● Strike Back ● Super Accelerator ● Super Dragsolution ● Super Shield Plus ● Super Shield Trigger ● Super Strike Back ● Survivor ● Sympathy ● Tap Ability ● Thrilling Three ● Trio Doron Go ● Triple Sympathy ● True Escape ●Turbo Rush ● Ultra Doron Go ● Ultra Saver ● Ultra Shield Plus ● Victory Psychic Link ● Wave Striker ● ZERO
Deck evolution ● Mad Deck evolution
Graveyard evolution ● Graveyard Vortex evolution ● Graveyard Galaxy Vortex evolution
Hand evolution ● Hand Vortex evolution
Mana evolution ● Mana Vortex evolution ● Mana Galaxy Vortex evolution
Super Infinite evolution ● Super Infinite Graveyard evolution ● Super Infinite evolution Omega
Ultimate evolution ● Ultimate evolution MAX
Vortex evolution ● Galaxy Vortex evolution