| Force Battle |
強制バトル (Kyōsei Batoru)
It is often used for Removal purposes, using creatures with a high power to battle lower powered creatures. Cards such as Xanatic X or Tornado Shiva Double Cross, Blastdragon can also be used to force 2 creatures that have the same power to battle each other to destroy both of them.
|Water / Spell / 5|
|■ Choose 2 creatures in the battle zone and tap them. Those creatures battle.|
In addition to removal, it can also be used to trigger "When this creature wins a battle" triggers such as Bolshack Dragon, the Temporal Blaze, Jin, the Ogre Blade ~Crimson Rage~, Galaxy Falcon creatures and Codename James.
Typically due to Summoning Sickness a creature must wait a turn before it can battle a creature, but with a Force Battle ability they can fight and remove the other creature immediately.
A target chosen for the ability also tends to have no restriction on needing to be tapped or untapped to be battled, unlike a regular battle.
As Ken Geki, Absolute Ruler ~Final Flare~ would be destroyed by one of your abilities and not one of your opponents spells or creatures, your opponent removing it with a forced battle against one of your Slayers doesn't merit an extra win.
Creatures such as Petrova, Channeler of Suns that are unchoosable can't be chosen to battle with this ability.
It combos well with Win All Battles cards, turning each of these creatures into a removal card.
It originally only featured in the Water Civilization on Fantasy Heart and Xanatic X as one of their "brain tactics", however later migrated to being in the Fire civilization after the introduction of Chain Deathmatch and Tornado Shiva Double Cross, Blastdragon making the ability more commonplace.
It is reintroduced in the Dragon Saga block for the Fire Civilization, featuring on many Human Baku creatures (such as Glenmalt equipping Gaial, Leader Dragon Sword or Macallan, Explosive Flame Shooter) or on Gaial Command Dragons (such as Batocross Battle, Passion Dragon). They also often featuring power increases while battling.
Examples of Force Battle cards
Two Creatures Battle
- Fantasy Heart
- Xanatic X
- Tornado Shiva Double Cross, Blastdragon
- Public Enemy / Chain Deathmatch / Katsudon 「I'll do it!」
This creature battles one of your opponent's creatures.
- Macallan, Explosive Flame Shooter
- Batorash Knuckle, Blastdragon
- Batocross Battle, Passion Dragon
- Gairaioh, Victory Head
- Forever Meteor, Matchless Dragonmech
- Katsumugen, Climax
One of your creatures and one of your opponents battle.
- Katta Kirifuda, Passion Duel Soul (If you say "Gaiginga! Dragsolution!" when your Dragons attack)
- Dorago the Great, Dragon World
- Gaial, Leader Dragon Sword (equipped Draguner battles)
- Gaiohburn, Head General Sword (equipped Draguner battles)
- Curse of Resurrection and Clash
When you put this or another creature into battle zone.
When you put this or another Outrage into battle zone.
Decktypes that use Forced Battles
- This is known as "Fight" in Magic: The Gathering. However, Fight is considered a Keyword Action while Force Battle isn't.