| Deck |
In the Duel Masters, all decks must follow these simple rules:
- In the TCG, all decks must have at least a minimum of 40 cards with no maximum amount. However, it is often recommended to have the minimum of 40.
- A deck in the OCG is limited to exactly 40 cards.
- Your deck can contain up to 4 copies of any card with the same Card Name in your deck, except for cards featured on the Hall of Fame (or cards that allow unlimited copies). A card that uses a different artwork from a different set such as Spiral Gate still counts as the same card. A card may also be put into the Premium Hall of Fame, where it cannot be used at all.
- No cards in the English TCG are restricted or banned as the game has been discontinued.
- You may have up to 8 psychic creatures or Dragheart cards in your hyperspatial zone. You may have up to 4 copies of any particular Psychic Creature / Dragheart in your hyperspatial zone.
- If card sleeves are used, all cards in a deck must be of the same sleeves. The player may use clear sleeves or opaque-backed sleeves (Often known as a "character sleeve" if it has any characters on the back of it).
- This excludes the Hyperspatial Zone.
- During the game, unless a card says otherwise, neither player can look at the cards in each other's deck or change their order.
- For cards that allow to search your deck, see Deck Search.
- For cards that put cards from the top of your opponents deck into their graveyard, see Mill.
- For cards that put cards from the top of your deck into your graveyard, see Self Mill.