| Cast |
Casting a spell consists of the following procedure.
- 1) Reveal the card from its current zone.
- 2) If it has a Modal ability, choose it. (Hyperspatial spell, Double Evolution Burst)
- 3) If you have additional or Alternative Cost's, apply them.
- 4) If there is any Cost Increase or Decrease, apply it.
- 5) Pay the total cost of the card by tapping cards in your mana zone for mana,
After the above, resolve the spell.
|Mana Zone|| Blade of Enchanting Pulses|
Thunder Moon, the Enlightened
|Deck||Marianna, Light Weapon|
|Top of Deck||Spell Great Blue, Blue Divine Dragon|
|From the top of the Deck|| Neo Wave Catastrophe|
|Graveyard||Vacuum, the Hidden Curse|
|Opponents Graveyard||Caribbean Moon, the Enlightened|
|Opponents Shields||Bluum Erkis, Flare Guardian|
As cards in Duel Masters can be played even if they can't perform their full effect, spells can still be cast in order to gain secondary actions such as a Charger keyword, to for a "When you cast a spell" trigger event.
- However, cards such as Eldritch Poison (in its Japanese printing) may not be used as it requires one of your darkness creatures to be destroyed as an additional cost, and a card such as Miraculous Meltdown has a limit on being cast if your opponent doesn't control more shields than you do.
Casting a spell is sometimes also referred to as "shoot", "chant" or "strike". It has also been expressed as a "super move" in the manga series.
- This was true even before the "Magic Shot" of spells with a Knight subtype was released in DM-28 Battle Galaxy.